The Board of Directors for the Cambria Scarecrow Festival is happy to announce that, there will be a scarecrow festival this year! It will start October 1st and run through October 31st as usual. A bit more unusual is the festival’s look this year.
Board members put a lot of time into planning how they could provide an enjoyable experience while still keeping tourists and volunteers safe. (It takes a lot of volunteers to produce the festival.) To start with, this year we will bring you five different Scarecrow themed walks. Their locations are:
- Cambria Strong (4005 Burton Dr, near Oliver’s Twist store)
- Fantasy by the Sea (1174 Main St. In front of the Santa Rosa Catholic Church)
- Fanciful Cambria Fair (940 Main St, Cambria, Pinedorado Grounds)
- Día de los Muertos (589 Main St, Cambria Shell Station)
- Zombie Voting Rally (By San Simeon Beach Bar & Grill)
By using these larger open spaces to host the displays, local businesses could still have a safe area to show off the scarecrows they built and add even more enjoyment to your walk to the next display. We truly hope you will enjoy this year’s festival and plan to come back next year when we hope to go back to our usual format.