12 Tips to Fully Enjoy the Cambria Scarecrow Festival
1) Plan on walking. The best way to experience all of the work and creativity that goes into the scarecrows is to park your car and walk up one side of the street and then down the other.
2) Give local businesses some love. This year scarecrows will not only be in large displays, they’ll also be found in front of the local businesses. Most of the scarecrows are sponsored by these businesses and the local community. So while you are admiring these creations, pop into the business and see what they have to offer.
3) Get your bearings. Before you venture out, visit the cambriascarecrows.com for a map to the scarecrows locations.
4) Take pictures and share. We love sharing your photos on Instagram @cambriacrows and Facebook @cambriascarecrows. Use #cambriascarecrowfestival and tag us.
5) Refresh yourself. Stop for lunch or plan to stay for dinner. Grab an ice cream, cookie or cup of coffee. Take some time to wine taste. We not only have some of the best restaurants in the county, Cambria is home to the Pacific Coast Wine Trail.
6) Vote for your favorite. We want to hear what you liked best. Head to CambriaScarecrows.com to vote and you will be entered to win a free night stay in Cambria.
7) Drive along and up the coast. The scarecrows are also found along Moonstone Beach Drive and throughout San Simeon to the north of Cambria. You won’t want to miss the very popular Pirate’s Bay display featuring a sinking ship attacked by a Kracken.
8) Enjoy other local events. October is full of special events in Cambria. There’s the Cambria Historical Society’s Harvest Festival (10/8), Open Studios Art Tour (10/8 -10/9 & 10/15 -10/16), Classic Car Show (10/15), and the Harvest Festival at Camp Ocean Pines (10/23) just to name a few. Check out the full list of events at cambriachamber.org/events/ and plan your visit to enjoy one of these.
9) Enjoy what Cambria has to offer. Check out some of the places that make this area of the coast so special. While enjoying one of the events Cambria has is fun, there are also a lot of other things to do in Cambria. Walk the boardwalk at Moonstone Beach or on the bluff trail on Fiscalini Ranch. Take a quick drive up to the Elephant Seals.
10) Plan to party. You don’t want to miss the best party in town, do you? We celebrate the finale of the festival on October 29 with the Salute to Scarecrows! A Starlit Celebration of Cambria. It’s an annual fundraiser for the festival and sells out fast. Get your tickets at https://cambriascarecrows.com/events/
11) Make a weekend out of the visit. With so much going on in October, it’s the perfect time to spend more time to explore. Stay the night so you can really enjoy what fall has to offer in Cambria and San Simeon.
12) Have fun and share with your friends! People love the scarecrows and you can’t help yourself smile at what these creations are up to. It’s a delight for young and old.